Thursday, March 4, 2010

Poem reading in the diversity center

I've never sat in on a poem reading before and it was rather enjoyable and "deep."

The theme was women, so everyone who was participating brought in poems written by women from pre-civil war days to today, students also read poems they themselves created.

The poem I liked most was by a student whose name I did not catch, but his poem was called "Note to Self."

While he was reading his poem I thought the meaning was being lost; lost in the world and in yourself. I was close but his interpretation that he told after reading was about an experience while just walking when he said he felt like he was in the past and that the past was getting mixed up with the present.

Overall I feel like I would enjoy sitting in on another poem reading session no matter the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment