Monday, March 1, 2010

Stephen King's "On Writing"

I really enjoyed Stephen King's "On Writing," because it did not read like a classroom textbook, a novel or a biography.

To me the reading felt informal and personal. Like someone giving you advice, not just telling you what to do.

I will take away from this, King's "toolbox." I've never heard a clear reason to using to much information till that.

To me scariest part of writing is not the start. But I'll take away King's idea to just diving in and letting it out. For me a writers block really sucks and I feel stuck and won't write a thing. But diving in without thinking twice when blocked is really very helpful. I don't feel this is true for only writing but can be applied to everyday life as well, Just jump in and go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment